[lacnog] Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re 202203162312.AYC

Tomas Lynch tomas.lynch en gmail.com
Jue Mar 17 01:14:43 -03 2022

On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 11:25 PM Abraham Y. Chen <aychen en avinta.com> wrote:

> Hi, Tomas:
>
> 1)    " If you are in operations everything is a burden.   ":  Of course,
> there is no free lunch. The question is, whether the proposed work delivers
> better performance or reduces the current, and perhaps including future,
> burdens?

No, the question is if we need 204/4 or not. My opinion is no for the
motives I explained in other emails.

> 2)    "    ... I'd rather spend my time deploying IPv6 ... ":    This
> thread of exchanges is about discussing the technical merits of the EzIP
> scheme. It is not conducting a popularity polling of personal preferences
> which can be influenced by too many none-technical parameters.

I'm just answering your statement that says "Although this is not without
efforts, it would be finite compared to the IPv6 deployment...". Looks like
your personal preference is that deploying IPv6 requires too much of an
effort, mine is the opposite. But let's keep it on 204/4.

> Regards,
>

> Abe (2022-03-16 23:25)

Would you please please receive all the list emails instead of the digest
so it's easier to follow the thread? Answering on the daily summary is not
effective to follow your answers. Thanks.