[LACNIC/Politicas] Sobre propuesta de transferencia de recursos IPv4 (LAC-2009-04)

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:08:18 BRT 2010

The history of the Transfer Listing Service idea in the ARIN region is a
bit complicated.  It originally was proposed as part of the original
transfer policy proposal, 2008-2
(https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2008_2.html).  That proposal was
eventually abandoned as too complicated in favor of a much simpler
transfer policy, which was then modified through the emergency PDP to
get the policy we have today
(https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html#eight3).  I subsequently proposed
a Transfer Listing Service policy proposal (proposal 96 at
https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/policy_proposal_archive.html).
After discussion with ARIN staff, we decided that this proposal was
really an operational issue, not policy, so the ARIN AC abandoned that
policy proposal in favor of discussing the proposed Transfer Listing
Service through the Consultation and Suggestion process, which is what
is underway now
(https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/community_consult/04-21-2010_transfer_listing.html).

So, to answer your question, yes, there has been prior discussion of the
Transfer Listing Service in the context of 2008-2 and Proposal 96.  For
the more recent discussions, I would start by searching for Transfer
listing service on the
http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2009-June/thread.html page.

For what it's worth, my own read on the situation is that barring any
significant new objections, the Transfer Listing Service will most
likely be implemented by ARIN after the completion of the consultation
period.  The exact structure of the listing service is still to be
determined, based among other things on comments received during
consultation.

I am not aware of any proposals in APNIC, RIPE, or AfriNIC to implement
a similar listing service.

Hope that helps,
Scott