[LACNIC/Politicas] Defining routing abuse

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Apr 12 09:49:18 -03 2019

I said the communities, not the organizations. We have 5 regions, 1 global community, 5 regional communities. There are small cultural differences, differences in the PDPs, differences in their "organizations" (RIRs), and sometimes differences in the policies, but most of the time, actually all the policies are converging into the same, because there is a single Internet and what we do in one region also affects other regions, and the world is every day more global for everything, not just Internet.

RIPE stands for the community = LACNIC (community)

RIPE NCC stands for the organization = LACNIC organization

In LACNIC there is no such thing as an addressing policy, it is the Policy Development Process (PDP), which is for *anything* related to policies for the LAC region.

In RIPE, we split the different topics (routing, addressing, anti-abuse, IPv6, etc.), but all them have a single result when doing policies: all them go to the same "policy manual".

Saludos,
Jordi