[LACNIC/Politicas] Los secuestros BGP constituyen una violación de las políticas - LAC-2019-5

Carlos Friaças cfriacas at fccn.pt
Fri Apr 12 11:57:40 -03 2019

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019, Mike Burns wrote:

(...)
> As to your comments about the relationship between my personal business and
> my views on this matter, although ad hominem, I will address them. You are

Hi,

It was not my intention in any way to issue a comment ad hominem.
I think i said i don't see support from the IP trading sector.
I come from the research & education sector, so i don't know all the
inner components of the IP trading sector.

> correct in pointing out that hijacking is an evil that impacts brokers very
> severely. As a network operator as well as broker, I am first in line in the
> fight against spammers and hijackers. I am sure I have devoted more
> resources in this fight than you are aware of.

Certainly. Although LAC-2019-5 is exclusively about hijacks.

> But LACNIC is a community setup to act as steward of address regulation and
> should not seek to extend its stewardship beyond its original remit. My
> objection to this policy lies in that simple statement.

So, it's OK to determine N% of the address space allocated is to be used
within the region, but it's not OK to determine as "forbidden" that a
member uses another member's resources. Understood.

> It should not be read as any kind of support for the bane of prefix
> hijacking.  I think I have made my point clear and it has been made, no
> doubt more clearly, by others in Spanish. So this will end my input and
> any additional confusion it has engendered.

To make it clear, i didn't understand your opposition to the proposal as
support for hijacks. As i don't understand it in relation to any other
list members.

What i understand is the main argument: this isn't the place (which i
something i disagree with).

Regards,
Carlos